KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, AND ACTION IS EMPOWERING! Authors Wendy Watego and Vicki Scott Book Title Out of the Box Thinking on Indigenous Leadership Subtitle Simple strategies to Create an Empowering Future Back of the book cover headline The Past does not have to Constrain Your Leadership Potential International Authors and Education and Training Experts Wendy (Quandamooka woman) and Vicki look newly at leadership. They drill down to the core of your cultural identity, your emotions, your actions and your decisions. After reading this book you will be the “author-ity” of your life, and have the power to self-determine the direction of your future and your leadership.
7 Key points
You will learn:
- Ways to stay strong in your cultural identity and work smarter as a leader
- How to heal from the “I’m not good enough” thinking syndrome
- Steps to alleviate the impacts of inter-generational trauma and lateral violence on leadership
- What it takes to build good quality cross-cultural relationships
- How to create a Blueprint for leadership success that guarantees you results
- Simple and fun ways to strengthen your leadership capacity
- What you need to know about living longer and leading stronger
Testimonial “We need more programs like Wendy and Vicki do. It is only with education and self-belief that Aboriginal people can get the capacity to run their own affairs.” Dr Lowitja O’Donoghue AC CBE.